Definition: A T4, or a Statement of Remuneration Paid, is an information slip prepared and issued by an employer to tell you and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) how much employment income you were paid during a tax year and the amount of income tax that was deducted. Use T4s in preparing and filing your Canadian income taxes.
Other T4 tax information slips include:
- T4A - Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income
- T4A(OAS) - Statement of Old Age Security
- T4A(P) - Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits
- T4E - Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits
- T4RIF - Statement of Income From a Registered Retirement Income Fund
- T4RSP - Statement of RRSP Income
For more information on T4s, see T4 Tax Slips.
For an overview and index of the most common income tax slips, see T4s and Other Canadian Income Tax Slips.